Updates after so long
Finally back! It's been almost one year since I last wrote on the blog. :P Paiseh lah, had lots of stuff going on... So here's a one about almost everything that happened since my last post. :D
Previous post, I mentioned about the presentation of the trophy etc. Yea, I did present the trophy, but kind of screwed up it a little, but overall was okay. Though a point to add was that our principal slipped her tongue and said that us winning the award was 'unacceptable' before changing it to 'unexpected'. Oh well, I think she was really surprised?
So after the USA VEX Robotics World championship, I went on to chiong my studies. Tutorials to complete, tons of test coming up, and lots.
Prelims came and went. Though I've put in lots of effort, I still flung all my subs except eng. :( So which means the effort I have put in was not enough. So after my prelims, it was intensive mugging mugging n mugging.
A's came and went. I've put in lots n lots of effort, praying very hard after the entire exam that I would at least get into local uni. Seriously, after the exam, I was like, this is bad, I had better not fail any of those papers.
So after the A's, I took a break from all my studying for many many months. First thing on the list, pack my table, arrange all my files, notes, etc, and pack them away into the storeroom to safe more space in my study room which was quite full of books already. When I finally closed the lid of the box, I said to myself, 'I hope I will not need to open this box again for the purpose of retaking my A levels'.
After all's cleared, time to sit down and think about the things I wanna do over the long break between results n hopefully, uni.
I caught up with alot of those dramas which I had put on hold to watch, they include taiwanese, Korean, Japanese, and local ones.
In the mean time, I also took up driving lessons at ssdc. :D I'm so happy to be able to pass the tp practical test on the 1st try! Woots! Finally got my photocard driving licence after almost a month wait. Now I'm a qualified class 3 driver! YEA! (Will have an extra post on the whole driving lesson experiences)
Though initially I had wanted to pick up a job, but it was tough, and somehow, they always crashed with my driving lessons timing, so decision was to concentrate on driving 1st then we will look at it later.
A level results were released, and I would say that for some subs, I had done better than I thought I would, but for some others, I did slightly worse than I thought, though overall it was not a good result, but was better than I thought it would have been.
Submitted my application for uni, sent in documents, went for interview, waited for the letters, and finally, admitted to NTU Mechanical Engineering, my first choice! :D Okie, time for some proper engineering lessons n hopefully more robots!
There were several 0107 gatherings during these few months, dinners, steamboats, etc. The latest one was held at my house, though the guys couldnt make it, but it was overall a fun experience. :D Hope this would not be our last... :)
Just 2 more weeks for the orientation to come and then term starts. Really looking forward to starting school. :D
Hope that this time round I would update my blog more often then. :P
Previous post, I mentioned about the presentation of the trophy etc. Yea, I did present the trophy, but kind of screwed up it a little, but overall was okay. Though a point to add was that our principal slipped her tongue and said that us winning the award was 'unacceptable' before changing it to 'unexpected'. Oh well, I think she was really surprised?
So after the USA VEX Robotics World championship, I went on to chiong my studies. Tutorials to complete, tons of test coming up, and lots.
Prelims came and went. Though I've put in lots of effort, I still flung all my subs except eng. :( So which means the effort I have put in was not enough. So after my prelims, it was intensive mugging mugging n mugging.
A's came and went. I've put in lots n lots of effort, praying very hard after the entire exam that I would at least get into local uni. Seriously, after the exam, I was like, this is bad, I had better not fail any of those papers.
So after the A's, I took a break from all my studying for many many months. First thing on the list, pack my table, arrange all my files, notes, etc, and pack them away into the storeroom to safe more space in my study room which was quite full of books already. When I finally closed the lid of the box, I said to myself, 'I hope I will not need to open this box again for the purpose of retaking my A levels'.
After all's cleared, time to sit down and think about the things I wanna do over the long break between results n hopefully, uni.
I caught up with alot of those dramas which I had put on hold to watch, they include taiwanese, Korean, Japanese, and local ones.
In the mean time, I also took up driving lessons at ssdc. :D I'm so happy to be able to pass the tp practical test on the 1st try! Woots! Finally got my photocard driving licence after almost a month wait. Now I'm a qualified class 3 driver! YEA! (Will have an extra post on the whole driving lesson experiences)
Though initially I had wanted to pick up a job, but it was tough, and somehow, they always crashed with my driving lessons timing, so decision was to concentrate on driving 1st then we will look at it later.
A level results were released, and I would say that for some subs, I had done better than I thought I would, but for some others, I did slightly worse than I thought, though overall it was not a good result, but was better than I thought it would have been.
Submitted my application for uni, sent in documents, went for interview, waited for the letters, and finally, admitted to NTU Mechanical Engineering, my first choice! :D Okie, time for some proper engineering lessons n hopefully more robots!
There were several 0107 gatherings during these few months, dinners, steamboats, etc. The latest one was held at my house, though the guys couldnt make it, but it was overall a fun experience. :D Hope this would not be our last... :)
Just 2 more weeks for the orientation to come and then term starts. Really looking forward to starting school. :D
Hope that this time round I would update my blog more often then. :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home