Winnie's Land of thoughts :-)

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Interesting

Some updates about me over the last few days...
Went to do CIP at Toa Payoh interchange on saturday... People were really kind. An uncle did not donate at first, then he came back and donated saying that I was really polite. Smilez... {",} That really brightened up my day...
Then I met the same blind man I helped 2 weeks ago... I approached him automatically this time as I knew where he wanted to go... I asked if he remembered me and kind of remembered and said in chinese, "you4 yuan2 qian1 li3 lai2 xiang1 hui4"... Felt really happy to be able to help him. Hope he reached his destination safe and sound.
When my shift ended, I went to have a go at the machine that lets you catch toys. I had been examining it for weeks, seeing someone caught something just now, I decieded to give it a go... I said to myself, "$1... If I get it, I sure very lucky that day" Well, reason being, I wanted to catch a pooh bear, but its leg was chained to a Mickey mouse too, I was afraid that the clamp is not strong enough. So it was either two or none... So in goes the $1 coin... and here I go... shifting the clamp around to get a good aim... finally decided on a 'good' position... So I press the button and down the clamp goes... and I commented... Even if I so lucky, sure get stuck in the hole where the toys drop down from... So down the clamp goes, directly over the pooh bear... and YES I caught BOTH of them... I was really thrilled... and what I commented came true... haha... it got stuck... So I ask the shop keeper over and he took straws and poke the toys, trying to get them down... He said I was really lucky to get 2 toys... And after a while, both came down... YEH... So hsppy... They are about the size of my palm... Well I spent $3 on the machine previously so Adding them up, it's about $2 for one... Considering the size... Worth it...
After returning the donation can, I went to popular bookshop to collect my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows... Well, by the time I got there, there was only about 20books left... Apparently, the cashiers let ppl who ordered from different branches to collect from this outlet, in the end there wasn't even enough for ppl who ordered from this branch... Their faces looked like they just got scolded. Anyway, I was happy to be able to get my copy...
for the rest of the weekend, I was buried in the book... Took me about 8 hours to finish the book... Ending was quite good... Though JK Rowling seems to be keen on marrying everyone off and killing those that can't... I am quite sure that the 8th series of Harry Potter will be written... The ending is one that allows the writer to continue writing.
Certain events that happened this week made me realise that my first impression of people is really true... I often wonder why ppl can be so irresponsible and still look as if it's not their fault nor is it their responsibility. Sigh... It's a pity that this issues cannot be brought to light to them cause, they always take things for granted and always thinks that ppl will definitely forgive them no matter what...
Some ppl always put on that I really don't know look... You can see it clearly on their face... It's written clearly there "I don't know"... But if you take a closer look into their eyes, you know the truth and reality always proves it in the end...
Well, too bad that people all have their strengths and weaknesses... No one can be perfect... Who knows, there maybe hundreds and thousands of people out there hating you and talking bad about you... We have to put such things aside and look on the bright side of life...
Wow... That's a pretty long post... Gtg... Hope I will be able to update soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home